What to Expect From Your Heating Maintenance Inspection
If you’re looking for the best service for heating in Chicago, IL, you’ve come to the right place. Whatever the situation or problem, the professionals at Deljo Heating & Cooling are prepared to handle any of your furnace needs.
You rely on your furnace to keep your home or business warm and comfortable all winter long, and that’s why an annual inspection from experienced HVAC professionals is so important. A professional inspection provides several key benefits.
- With proper maintenance your furnace operates efficiently, reducing energy waste and saving on heating costs.
- An annual inspection by a qualified professional helps extend the life of your furnace by preventing damage to vital components.
- During an inspection, small problems can be identified and addressed before they become major issues.
- Regular inspection helps prevent safety issues like the risk of fire and carbon monoxide leaks.
What does a furnace inspection include?
An inspection conducted by one of Deljo’s Nate certified technicians will include the following:
- Checking the vent system for leaks or blockages.
- Examining the heat exchanger for signs of corrosion and cracks or separations. A damaged heat exchanger can allow deadly carbon monoxide gas to escape.
- Checking the blower and cleaning its components, including the blower wheel to make sure it’s free of dirt and debris.
- Testing for a tight seal on the blower access door.
- Checking the air intake grills for blockages.
- Checking the burner for proper ignition and testing the flame sensor for accurate operation.
- Lubricating the motor’s moving parts to reduce friction. Friction causes the motor to work harder, using more electricity and possibly leading to premature failure.
- Checking to make sure all electrical connections are tight and examining the wiring for signs of corrosion.
- Checking the belts for signs of wear or cracks.
- Examining the flue for obstructions. If the toxic fumes produced by combustion cannot escape up the flue, that will compromise indoor air quality.
- Testing the thermostat calibration.
- Test to make sure the furnace’s startup cycle is functioning properly.
- A written report on findings and recommendations.
These are some of the steps our technicians will take to make sure your furnace works properly during Chicago’s long winters. Check out our Gold Star Program, and for the very best in inspection and service for heating in Chicago, call Deljo Heating & Cooling today at 773-829-4295.