$200 OFF Special price for Installation of a replacement Humidifier read more

How Do Furnaces Work?

We rely on our furnaces to provide us with heat when the brisk Chicago temperatures once again drop into single digits. But do you know exactly how your furnace is able to provide you and your family with comfort? At Deljo Heating & Cooling, we provide furnace installation in Chicago to make sure that the worry of your home being cold is never an issue.

Furnaces Are the Most Common Furnace Type

There are multiple ways that you can heat your home, however, a furnace is the most common way to do so. Your furnace may be heated in different ways, including a gas-powered central air system that operates by heating one area and distributing it throughout your home via ductwork and vents. The two main components of your furnace include the control system, gas valves, heat exchanger, blower and duct and ventilation systems.

The Importance of the Thermostat and Gas Valve

As soon as your furnace receives a signal from the thermostat, it starts to work. Some furnaces are also programmed to detect the current air temperature and kick on if the temperature is too low. When your furnace turns on, the gas valve ignites the burner underneath the combustion chamber. Then, the heat moves to the heat exchangers and circulates through a set of looped tubes, transferring the heat into the air.

Energy Efficiency

One aspect of furnace installation in Chicago is energy efficiency. You want to invest in a furnace that will be as energy efficient for your family as possible. Energy efficiency is dependent on your furnace’s Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) that tells you how much fuel is used and how much fuel is lost. For example, if you have an 80 percent AFUE furnace, 80 percent of the fuel is used to heat your home and the remaining 20 percent is lost. Low-efficiency furnaces typically have an AFUE rating between 50 and 70 percent while high-efficiency furnaces typically have an AFUE rating above 90 percent.

Call our professionals at Deljo Heating and Cooling if you’re in need of a furnace installation in Chicago, and we will be happy to help make sure that you and your family have an efficient, affordable furnace to get you through not only this winter, but many winters to come! Contact us today to get started.

Client Testimonials

Read the opinions of our satisfied customers.

I always use Deljo. The entire staff is amazing from intake calls to install. They were fast, professional and gave us a fair price.

Monica OConnor Chicago IL.

Joe was great. We came home to a cold house on a Sunday night and he came out to diagnose the issue right away. Very knowledgeable, very friendly.

Kyle Sant Chicago IL.

We’ve been using Deljo for several years and have had a great experience with them. They’re prompt, reliable, and trustworthy. The technicians (David was the most recent) have been great.

Ari Telisman Chicago IL.

My hot water heater had some leaky pipes due to corroded unions. The repair took longer than I thought due to some unforeseen circumstances. Unfortunately after the repairs the water heater stopped working...

Maria Pradd Chicago IL.

Questions? We Can Help! Contact Us Today!

Our Service Areas

Contact Deljo Heating & Cooling today. We look forward to hearing from you and helping out with all your indoor comfort needs.

Chicago Suburbs

Chicago Neighborhoods