What to Expect From Your Air Conditioning Maintenance Inspection
As specialists in AC repair in Lincoln Park and other areas of Chicagoland, we know that regular professional maintenance is an important part of having an HVAC system. Over time, dust and worn parts lower the efficiency of your system and increase the risk of problems. Scheduling regular preventative maintenance for your HVAC system can improve the lifetime of your unit up to 48% and prevent yearly losses of up to 15% in cooling and heating efficiency.
If those figures aren’t enough to persuade you to have your AC professionally inspected, we’ll give you two more reasons: saving money and saving money. First, you’ll save money by increasing the chances that one of Deljo’s NATE certified technicians will catch small problems before they become big ones. For example, repairing a refrigerant leak isn’t terribly expensive, but replacing a compressor that’s died from lack of refrigerant can cost thousands. And second, you’ll save money by ensuring that your system is operating at maximum capacity, using less energy and costing less to cool your house.
What does an AC inspection include?
A technician from Deljo will thoroughly inspect both the inside and outside components of your cooling system.
- Clean dirt, leaves and other debris from the interior of the outdoor unit
- Inspect the coil and cabinet and clean as necessary
- Inspect fan motor and blades and lubricate as needed
- Inspect the control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Inspect the compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Check refrigerant level and add refrigerant if needed
- Inspect and clean condenser coil
- Inspect blower motor and wheel
- Line voltage and wiring inspected
- Electrical connections inspected
- Condensate line inspected for proper drainage
- Operating controls inspected and cycled
- Refrigerant lines checked for leaks
- Filters inspected and replaced at customer’s request
- A written report of all findings and recommendations
You’ve heard the old adage that says that if something isn’t broken, there’s no need to fix it. In reality, it takes a lot of preventive work to keep your AC working at its peak, and at Deljo Heating & Cooling, we want to do that work for you. We specialize in inspection and AC repair in Lincoln Park and throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. Look over our Gold Star Program, the industry’s best, then call us at 773-829-4295 and let our AC specialists go to work for you.