During the sweltering heat of a Chicagoland summer, its’s very easy for your home’s AC to break down from the strain of heavy summer use or poor maintenance. At Deljo Heating & Cooling, we’ve provided the very best AC repair in Chicago for decades, and our expert technicians have the equipment and knowhow to keep your system running so that you can avoid the dangers of a summer with no AC.
A few of the dangers associated with summer heat include:
- Dehydration occurs quickly in near triple-digit temperatures and can lead to low blood pressure, rapid heartbeat and loss of consciousness.
- Fainting can occur when blood pressure drops due to extreme heat exposure.
- Heat exhaustion can cause your body temperature to rise as high as 102°. Symptoms include heavy sweating, muscle cramps, feeling faint, dizzy, nauseated, or fatigued, and low blood pressure when standing.
- Heat stroke is a medical emergency that occurs when your body temperature rises over 105°. Symptoms include those associated with heat exhaustion plus a strong, rapid heart rate, hyperventilation, hallucinations, seizures and loss of consciousness. Without prompt medical attention, a heat stroke can be deadly.
Here are a few things you can do in advance to try to head off summertime AC problems.
- Change the air filter regularly, possibly every 30 days during the height of summer.
- Clear away bushes and debris around your outside unit, giving the unit at least 24 inches of clearance for the proper circulation of air.
- Keep the condensation line clear.
Signs of trouble
A few things that tell you your AC system may be on the verge of a breakdown despite your best efforts to prevent it include:
- Weak airflow
- Excessive noise
- Insufficient cooling
- Rising energy bills
Deljo 24/7 emergency AC repair in Chicago
At Deljo Heating & Cooling we’ve serviced Chicagoland families since 1922, and based on our years of experience we know that despite your best care, AC systems can be unpredictable, and they seem to have a knack for failing during the very hottest days of summer.
But you don’t need to worry because our expert technicians are on call 24/7 to provide prompt and complete AC repair in Chicago.
Don’t sweat the summer. Call Deljo Heating & Cooling today at 773-829-4295, and we’ll have your home cool and comfortable again in no time at all.