Air Conditioning Company in Lincoln Park
Ready or not, summer is on its way, and before it gets here you need to schedule an AC checkup to make sure your home or business remains cool and comfortable during the coming months. For an air conditioning company in Lincoln Park and surrounding areas, Deljo Heating & Cooling is the one to call. We’ve served Chicagoland since 1922, and we know there are many reasons to have your AC system professionally checked and maintained.
- Your AC system accounts for about 50-60% of your total utility bill, and the less efficiently your system is operating, the higher the cost will be.
- According to the EPA, about 70% of HVAC systems do not have the correct air flow, and that limits the system’s efficiency.
- Over 70% of HVAC systems do not have the proper amount of refrigerant, lowering efficiency by about 15%, raising your energy costs and placing added strain on your system.
- If your system is just 10% undercharged with refrigerant, you’ll use 22% more energy.
- A film of dirt only 0.01 inches thick on an evaporator coil can rob a system of 5% of its capacity.
- A dirty condenser coil can gobble up an additional 20% of energy.
- About 80% of all compressor failures could be avoided if the unit had proper and regular maintenance.
- A system’s capacity drops about 3% a year – due to normal wear and tear – but it drops 10% a year in poorly maintained systems.
When you call Deljo, your AC checkup performed by one of our NATE-certified technicians will include the following:
- Inspection of the condenser coil and cleaning when necessary
- Check and lubricate the condenser fan motor and bearings and making sure nothing is obstructing the air flow to the condenser
- Check compressor operation and check all electrical connections, cleaning contacts where needed
- Check refrigerant pressure
- Inspect filters to make sure they’re properly installed
- Check main condensation pan for rust and leaks
- Check and clean main and auxiliary drain lines
- Check evaporator coil, if accessible without dismantling
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections, contacts and relays
- Inspect accessible duct work for condition
- Check refrigerant line for rubbing
After the inspection, our technician will recommend ways to improve your system, based on our decades of experience.
There’s no need to swelter through the summer. Call Deljo at 773-829-4295 to set up your AC inspection and breeze through the summer.