If you prefer higher heating temperatures from your registers in winter or just want to continue to make use of an existing furnace, this indoor unit may be what you need.
The Carrier® GT-PE geothermal split system heat pump offers high-efficiency performance designed to be coupled with a high-efficiency natural gas/propane furnace or fan coil. It utilizes your furnace or fan coil’s blower motor to move air and offers the efficiency and comfort benefits of two-stage compressor.
Perhaps best of all is a Federal tax credit still available on qualified geothermal heating and cooling systems. So, you can revel in getting a tax credit of up to 30% of your installed cost of a geothermal system.
- Compatible with many furnaces or fan coils
- Two-stage scroll compressor for ultimate comfort and performance
- Superior dehumidification and temperature control
- Rugged, waterproof cabinet is insulated for quiet operation
- Large operating temperature range
- Non-ozone depleting Puron® refrigerant
- 10-year parts and labor limited warranty1
- Supplemental hot water generation
1 To the original owner, when installed in an owner-occupied residence, a 10-year parts limited warranty and 5-year labor limited warranty for major refrigerant circuit components (including compressors, heat exchangers, and expansion and reversing valves), and a 2-year labor limited warranty for all other parts. See warranty certificate for details.
- Closed loop cooling: Up to 24.5 EER
- Closed loop heating: Up to 4.2 COP
- Open loop cooling: Up to 29.4 EER
- Open loop heating Up to 4.7 COP
- ENERGY STAR® qualified1 in all sizes
- Summer dehumidification is compressor enhanced
- Excellent cold weather performance
- Hybrid Heat® system compatible
- Two-stage scroll compressor
- Sound enhancements: Fully insulated cabinet and double-isolation compressor mounting system
- Electronic control board
- Recommended control: Infinity® control if installing with a Carrier® Infinity furnace or fan coil
- 2-5 ton cooling
- 24,000-60,000 Btu/h heating
- 208/230 V
- Heavy-duty, galvanized steel cabinet
- Epoxy-coated in taupe metallic paint
1 Proper sizing and installation of equipment is critical to achieve optimal performance. Split system heat pumps must be matched with appropriate coil components to meet ENERGY STAR criteria. Ask your contractor for details or visit www.energystar.gov.
Published on March 18th, 2017