Clean & Check your Home Comfort system today!
Published on March 15th, 2017
For Safety’s Sake: Time to Clean & Check Your Home Comfort System
Whether you have electronic, reusable or disposable air filters in your home comfort system, they all can become dirty and clogged without routine maintenance. Replacing a disposable filter or cleaning one that is permanent is a simple task you can do yourself. But it takes a qualified service technician to conduct a complete inspection of your home comfort system. Here are a few examples of what your technician may do:
- Check the chimney, vents and flue to ensure there is no blockage. Operating a system that is clogged can cause a dangerous build-up of carbon monoxide in your home.
- Check the high temperature limit control to prevent overheating of the system.
- Check, clean or replace dirty filters.
- Check, clean and oil the blower motor as needed.
- Tune up the equipment to achieve top performance and operational safety.
- Check the air conditioner or heat pump refrigerant to make sure it will keep you cool during the warm months.
- Check the thermostat and other controls to make sure they are functioning properly.
You can do your part by putting routine filter maintenance on your To-Do list. But when it comes time for a thorough inspection of your home comfort system, you can’t do better than calling Deljo!